Colour: Pearl White
Trim: Black / Tan
Odometer: 201 miles
Specifications and Options
- Left-hand drive.
- Finished in Oryx White Pearl
- Black cloth and Tan-centre Alcantara interior
- Made from carbon fibre reinforced polymer and weighs just 795kg
- Two-seat, limited production.
- 800cc diesel-powered, plug-in hybrid
- Super-aerodynamic. Only needs 8bhp to achieve a steady 62mph and 313mpg
- One of only 200 built worldwide
- Two owner and just 201 miles from new
DescriptionRevealed at the Qatar Motor Show in 2011, the VW XL1 not only looks amazingly futuristic but also features a whole raft of pioneering construction and drivetrain technology. Power comes from a meagre 800cc TDi two-cylinder, common-rail diesel engine which develops just 48bhp. It's linked to an electric motor producing a further 27bhp, resulting in a far more respectable 75bhp when working together.
The XL1's suitably streamlined body is equally innovative. It's made from Volkswagen's patented carbon fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP) which is constructed using a process called resin transfer moulding (RTM). Elsewhere, magnesium wheels, ceramic brake discs and the use of aluminium for the dampers, steering and brake callipers help shave off that all-important weight.
Fundamentally, the XL1 is a two-seater with gullwing doors and shrouded rear wheels being the key design features helping to keep the drag coefficient to a minimum.
Having covered just 201 miles, this example we have on offer is supplied in 'as new' condition. The Oryx White Pearl paintwork is flawless as are the Tan-centred, black Alcantara seats and ceramic black interior finishes. A super addition to any car collection or you can enjoy turning heads whilst achieving 300+MPG.